An experienced Logistics Specialist with Automotive Industry experience is required to manage the complete logistics functions and processes.
Oversee and ensure final delivery of vehicles at the right time, place and cost.
Overcome main challenges such as the complexity of the supply chain flow as well as volatility of the Middle East Customs authorities and environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing short term shipment volumes to operative planning for accurate forecasting and to Treasury to estimate funds required per distributor for each shipment
• Processing and intensive tracking of special delivery requests such as airfreight or alternative sea-shipment options when otherwise unable to meet deadlines
• Identifying vehicles that are not progressing regularly in the supply chain (e.g. vehicles stuck at the production plant or port of departure for more than 20 days)
• Monitoring and tracking of all changes of freight costs, legalization costs, incoterms etc. and communication to internal departments and distributors as required
• Tracking of vessels online and keeping sales team and distributors informed in case of major changes from the expected time of arrival
• Daily and pro-active communication on all shipment information and documents to the distributors and internal departments
• Preparing weekly and monthly logistics reports for internal departments and distributors
• Coordinating closely with headquarters and the shipping lines for regular and accurate shipment schedules
• Handling and coordinating all vehicle damages (between production plant and port of exit) with HQ logistics
• Attending to all logistics related queries from internal departments and distributors
• Initiating or participating improvement projects to increase efficiency of the logistics processes and adjust to the business requirements
• Maintaining local SAP system will fully accurate and up to date information for all relevant logistics parameters (e.g. actual departure and arrival dates)
• Maintaining accurate and up to date logistics handbook, containing all logistics-related processes and documents requirements
• Coordinating to receive correct and on time invoices for distributors from Finance team
• Preparing all shipping and customs documents including invoices, packing lists, HS code lists, Certificates of Origin, inspection certificates, etc. for the distributors
• Monitoring and tracking of all documents provided to the distributors for customs clearance (accurate, customs-compliant and on time, providing tracking numbers)
• Coordinating with FCA Logistics, SADI or factories to provide the relevant customs certificates and documents within the required timeframes
• Online application of Certificate of Origin from Dubai Chamber of Commerce and respective collection from the Chamber as required
• Coordination and application for full notarization of documents as required
• Ensuring accurate and on time import & export documents issued locally and by headquarter
• Supporting and coordinating the import & export clearance process of all vehicles together with the freight forwarder and distributors
• Ensuring that the standard operating procedures are fully abided to by the freight forwarder. If not, to be reported to the Head of Sales Operations for further action
• Coordinating damages and required vehicle repairs and insurance claims with the freight forwarder, insurance broker and distributor (for parties where applicable)
• Developing and preparing all relevant reports (inventory, traffic, damages, monitoring of freight forwarder and insurance broker KPI)
Accountability for Business Functions
• Every shipment delivered on time, at the right cost and the right place to avoid port demurrages, late delivery penalties, missed sales, marketing events failures, etc.
• Efficient and compliant operations of the vehicle stockyard
A reputed automotive company